Dry eye treatment recommended by your eye doctor depends on the severity of the condition. If its mild only eye drops would be enough. However, drops causing redness should be avoided. However, sometimes the conditions get worse, so another way of treatment is required. Doctors in Colorado Springs, CO use various ways to treat this problem.
Sometimes, the reasons lay behind a certain prescription drug, which may cause dry eyes, so doctors recommend stopping this medication, and replacing it with another one. If it happens due to eyelids that cannot be closed, you must see a doctor for surgery. There are also many other diseases including arthritis that cause eye issues, hence that should also be treated separately. So, the first step is to identify the root cause, treat that, and if the condition still persists, then other eye treatment options becomes necessary.
These are recommended by the eye care specialists and they include,
- Antibiotics: If the tears don’t have oil then antibiotics are required to eliminate inflammation. This drug is taken in the form of pills or eye drops depending on the situation.
- Another eye drop is also prescribed to reduce inflammation, as restasis or any other that has corticosteroids.
- Inserts are also prescribed which resembles a rice grain and it is inserted into the eye and used once a day. It gets dissolved in the eye creating lubricant.
Some other treatments include,
- Tear ducts are closed so that water does not flow much out of your eyes. This duct is plugged with silicon, and after the treatment they can be either taken out or are left inside the eye. The process needs heat in the form of thermal cautery which numbs the spot and then a hot wire is used, that causes shrinkage of the tissues resulting the duct closure. Doctors often use this process for dry eye treatment in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Another way is to cover the eyes with lenses which provide a safety shield to the eye, keeping in the moisture and removing dry eyes. These lenses are known as bandage or shield lenses.
- Sometimes the oil glands are blocked and need to be opened which is done through LipiFlo thermal. During the process, an eye cup is placed on the eyes, and it provides a warm massage to the eye that usually takes 15 minutes. This is a newly developed and normally shows the results within a few days.
Regarding the natural treatments, the doctors recommend drinking more water, as sometimes dehydration also causes dry eyes. This is especially important in hot weather. According to research, a woman needs 91 ounces of water per day, and men need 125 ounces. Water can be taken in various forms including pure water, milk and juices etc.
Similarly, if it happens due to the environment inside your house then you need a humidifier to add in keeping moisture in the air. This is necessary where too much air conditioner is used. Contact Archdale Eyecare for more information about all these ways act as a dry eye treatment in Colorado Springs, CO. Visit online https://www.archdaleeyecare.com/ today.
Connect with us on Twitter!